Since its International Women's Day, I couldn't go without writing about some of my favourite women on the planet. However, some of my favourite women only identify as women in spirit! It is important to recognise that not all women have vaginas.
Here are some queens and queens that I respect so damn much, in no particular order.
1. Ellen DeGeneres: because she's Ellen, and she never fails to make me laugh.
2. Michelle Obama: BECAUSE SHE IS MICHELLE OBAMA. Not "Obama's wife". Michelle Obama. In her own right.
3. Michelle Visage: another Michelle. Fierce supporter of the LGBT+ community and a feminist forever.
4. Bianca Del Rio: one of the hardest working drag queens and her talent is enough to stun you into silence (or non-stop laughter).
5. Katya Zamolodchikova: one of my all time favourite drag queens. She is crazy and creative and her character is a stroke of genius.
7. Adore Delano: her Twitter feed makes me think about life and she is SO TALENTED.
8. Holly Bourne: her books are like feminist bibles. Always consult them for your equality needs.
10. Ruby Tandoh: Bake-Off star and writer in her own right. An incredibly insightful person.
11. Kate McKinnon: one of my favourite human beings on this planet. Talent runs through her veins, not blood.
12. Sarah Schneider: a writer for SNL who helps to create the funniest sketches on television.
13. Juno Dawson: amazing author-y human being, who deserves all of the success in the world.
Who inspires you?
Let me know in the comments!